I. SAT The homeschool high school Texas code (CEEB) for the SAT is 969998
II. PSAT The homeschool high school code for the PSAT is 994499.
III. ACT The homeschool high school code for the ACT is 969999.
IV. Collin College The code for home school students applying to Collin College is 969998.
- THEO’s Dual Credit Admissions officer at Collin College is Walter Pinder, who can be reached at email@example.com His office number is 972-578-5585 and his office is at the Spring Creek Collin campus, 2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway G119, Plano.
- WHEN the student takes the SAT or ACT, we strongly recommend that they list Collin College as one of the colleges to receive their scores. When they take the SAT, the Collin code is 1951; if they take the ACT, the Collin College code is 4046.
- In light of the COVID shut down, Collin College waived the TSI until October 16th, your student will need to test by then. The Collin Testing Centers are now open and available for testing BY APPOINTMENT – scroll to the bottom of the page to find days/hours and addresses. When your students signs up for a Collin class as a high school student, they must submit a completed and signed Permission form. FORM: http://www.collin.edu/express/dualcredit/Spring%202021%20Permission%20Form_Fillable.pdf
- Permission forms – IMPORTANT: When your child takes a Collin class on the Collin campus, parents sign as the principal of their school granting permission. But when the student takes the Collin class on THEO’s campus, then you sign as parent, your child signs as student, and I sign as granting permission from THEO.
- More information about Collin College’s Dual Credit program? Visit http://www.collin.edu/gettingstarted/dualcredit/index.html
- Collin also hosts a dual credit meeting for homeschooling families in March of each year. Contact them early February to rsvp. THEO families will receive the invite through our parent communication system. Collin requires RSVPs!
- QUESTIONS and ANSWERS:
When a student applies to a college and has their SAT or ACT scores sent to that college, can they pick and choose which scores the school receives?
It depends on the college’s testing policy. The college board and ACT have given “score choice” to students, but the colleges have the final say in what scores students should submit. If you look at https://www.compassprep.com/superscore-and-score-choice/ , you can see a list of colleges and if they allow score choice. For example, Stanford requires you to send EVERYTHING…. all scores from ACT or SAT or both if you took both.
So look up the school, and see what they require…Thank you Melinda Brown of College Prep Guru
V. PRACTICE ACT is offered weekly at Dallas Baptist University on Tuesdays at 8:00 a.m. To sign up, contact your DBU admissions officer Guyton Garland, Associate Director of Homeschool Relations, Undergraduate Admissions, Dallas Baptist University, firstname.lastname@example.org
The practice ACT test is free but only DBU can use the results. They do not send it to other colleges!
Back to Collin – NEW News!
Collin will now allow students to submit their junior year PSAT score for admission. List the score on your student’s transcript and attach a copy of the document from CollegeBoard.com to validate the score. This is a huge change. Collin no longer requires students to submit their high school transcript when they apply to Collin but they still require a TSI, ACT, SAT or PSAT score!
In order to take the TSI at Collin, you must have 1) your CWID number from your accepted application process, 2) your receipt for payment of the $29 fee, 3) a picture ID, 4) as well as a certificate of completion for the Pre-Assessement online activity. All three of Collin’s Testing Centers are open by appointment as follows:
Plano Campus: Monday – 8-7 with Tuesday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Fridays 9-5
Frisco Campus: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday is 8 – 5 p.m., Tuesdays 8-7 p.m. and Friday: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
McKinney Campus: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8-5 p.m., Wednesdays 8-7 p.m. and Fridays 9-5
LOCATIONS: Preston Ridge Campus in Frisco Room F209, Central Park Campus in McKinney Room A206, Spring Creek Campus in Plano Room J232 -with new testing centers at Collin’s Technology campus and their Wylie campus.