THEO offers only SAT Prep in May and August during the summer of 2022.
Before jumping into our ONLINE class selection, please read THEO’s ONLINE CLASS POLICY:
1) We acknowledge that 90% of all students learn best in a classroom setting with face-to-face interaction with their teacher and classmates.
2) However, in spite of the COVID disruption, learning must continue for 100% of the student population. The current generation of students must not be robbed of their education, nor should it be delayed. Therefore, THEO online classes are developed to promote and encourage continued learning for all students in spite of local or national events.
3) Now is the time for THEO teachers to shine as they continue to have hone their teaching skills in order to make online learning as positive as possible for 100% of all students.
4) The majority of THEO’s online classes will be held in a format that meets weekly with face-to-face interaction between student, teachers and classmates. THEO’s purpose is not to duplicate online curricula already in existence.
5) A commonly used phrase at THEO is “you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.” That phrase applies here. THEO teachers will
- do everything in their power to lay out a well-designed course,
- to provide clear instruction,
- to use tools designed to reach all learning styles and
- to provide a road map aka class syllabus for parents and students alike to follow.
However, the student must “drink that proverbial water.” Students must
- have a stable internet connection on a working computer with a working camera and microphone turned on
- attend class with adequate work space and necessary supplies close at hand
- wear appropriate classroom clothing (see THEO’s Rules and Guidelines for further detail on THEO dress code)
- stay engaged in spite of the challenge of viewing a computer for every class,
- turn in their assignments in a timely fashion with as much attention to detail as is possible for a student of their age/maturity and
- study. Teachers teach; students must commit to learn.
6) THEO teachers recognize that online learning is now a part of the future of education since families are scattered far and wide, perhaps not near an outsourcing resource such as THEO.
7) A benefit? THEO’s online classes can be recorded for viewing at a later time should a student miss a class. That is not an option with live teaching. Online teaching offers some flexibility when a student is out sick, or even when a family is traveling. Arrange this with your teacher.
8) If your students are succeeding in their current learning environment, then Godspeed to you and your family. If not, please know the THEO family of staff and teachers stand ready to support you. It is our hearts’ desire that every child’s education continues without delay.
9) Going forward, THEO teachers commit to search for methods and tools that can make online learning as palatable as possible for 100% of the students God brings to our THEO classrooms.
1) Students who take only summer classes do not pay the full $150 application fee, only the $25 registration fee plus a $50 THEO application fee, which can be applied to the upcoming school year should your family decide to take THEO classes.
2) Every family must submit the full set of THEO application paperwork to apply. Find it on the tab marked apply!
3) INSTRUCTIONS to easily search those two class description files. These PDF file documents are almost 190 pages long so do not print them!
- THEO families can read class descriptions in our THEO Database.
- Guests will need to open these PDF files and then look in the top right or left corner for a ribbon or outline symbol. (computers offer one or the other)
- Click on that symbol and out will pop an outline that you can easily scroll.
- On the Class Listing by Discipline document, it will break out by subject matter alphabetically – English, Fine Arts, Languages, math, etc.
- On the Class Listing by Alpha document, the symbol will pop out class titles alphabetized. Scroll through and find the ONLINE or SUMMER ONLINE sections.
- Every online class title begins with either ONLINE or SUMMER ONLINE so they are grouped together and easily identifiable.
- You should be able to select CTRL+F to bring up a search box where you can type in the class or teacher you’re looking for.
4) SUMMER ONLINE classes do not follow THEO’s normal schedule of M, MW, T, TTH, Th, F, so you will need to find the specific class dates in the class description! Check these carefully; they vary.
5) Once these classes begin to fill up, we will note it on the class listing by teacher document.
6) Summer online class tuition is all listed as a supply fee. There is not a monthly cost for these classes. Everything is rolled into a one time payment at registration. Those supply fee checks are written payable to the teacher. NOT to THEO. Only the THEO application fee and registration fee are payable to THEO. FYI: You can also pay using cash on days during our open hours. See the welcome tab with hours to verify when someone will be at THEO to accept your cash payments.
7) To register for these classes:
- Current THEO families submit an add/drop form with your teacher check in order to add an ONLINE class. Find the add/drop form under the apply tab, then click on forms.
- Families new to THEO, please submit your application to THEO and wait for an email confirmation you are accepted! Once accepted, you will submit our add/drop form plus checks payable to the teachers.