One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Proverbs 3:5-6…. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your steps”
Teaching is one of my passions, yet I did not realize the extent of this passion until the Lord directed me to home school our six children over 20 years ago. Three have graduated and I still have five more years until the youngest graduates.
Along with teaching my own children, the Lord has provided opportunities for me to teach others.
- I served at N-TECH in the startup years both on the board, in the Nursery, and as a teacher.
- I have been teaching Sunday School so long that the children who were just starting school are now adults and graduating college.
- I have been a mentor to the youth and have served as a leader in our churches youth group over the last 14 years.
- I headed up our church’s VBS program a couple of years.
- This year as an “older” woman, I started mentoring a small group of women from my church.
In 2010, I was blessed with the ongoing opportunity to travel to different Home School Book Fairs representing a curriculum I have used with my children. It gives me great pleasure to encourage and help parents in their homeschooling journey. I also give presentations at the conferences and during the off-season, I give weekly webinars.
Before having children, I did get in two years of college and earned an Associated in Applied Arts. Once I started teaching my children, I started learning how to learn. My desire is to instill a love of learning in others.